Learning Ojectives for TechSkills Q5-Q8
When you have completed this Thing you will:
- understand the importance of keyboarding and be aware of the free resources on the Internet available to improve your skills
- be able to summarize three key points from the school's Acceptable Use of Technology Policy (AUP)
- know the characteristics of a strong password and understand the importance of keeping passwords safe and secure
- understand the basic components of an email, attachments, forwarding, flames, clicking send too fast, and spam
- be aware of basic email etiquette and safety, and be able to compose a new message
This Quest takes you to free resources to improve your keyboarding speed.
This Quest has you locate your school's AUP, discover some things about it, and learn about creating safe usernames and passwords.
This is an introduction to email, what it is and some email vocabulary.
View six animated video episodes based on things you might experience when using email. These provide opportunities for class discussion and thoughtful reflection about using email.
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher. Go to the graduation page for this Thing.
Don't forget to check out the available Gold Quests:
Basics Gold - Additional Quest activities are linked to here. Currently there are three optional activities featured.
Files and Domains - Learn about the different types of filenames and domains
Techie Equipment - Learn about some technology terms old and new
Valuable Communication Tools - Take a stand, which is best? Email, SMS, Voice phone calls, Twitter....