Keep these up your sleeve like a magician and bring them out when you want to show off to others. You can help by sharing these tips with friends and family once you learn them. Scroll below for shortcuts and tips for the Mac, PC, Windows 10, and Chromebook.
I Can Statement
- do shortcuts on my computing device
- teach three shortcuts to others
Shortcuts: Shortcuts are keystrokes that command your computer and are a quicker way to move through tasks
Individuals: Individuals are each distinctive person in your class
Note: Expand the applicable content boxes below using the + symbol on the menu line.
iPad Shortcuts and Tips
PC and Mac Shortcuts
Windows 10 Shortcuts
Windows 10 Shortcuts
New (2016) Windows 10 Snap Shortcuts
Completing this Quest
***Note to teachers: To track student progress we highly recommend you create your own Quizalize account (free) and copy these three quizzes into them. You can provide your own class code to students, track their progress and provide retakes easily. Instructions are in the Basics Teacher Guide.
- Try one of these quick ten question quizzes - You will need to browse to http://zzi.sh AND enter the code: ngz348.
- It will ask for your first and last name. Please do NOT enter your full name for privacy. Use your first name and last initial or some other combination.
- You will then see three different quiz choices:
- Click on the one you wish to take. - Good luck!
- Teach at least three shortcuts to two other individuals (a relative, classmate, friend...).
- Write up a short tip report. Include the names of the individuals you taught them to, and which shortcuts you taught them. Explain any observations you made of the session (examples: was this new for them, did they like learning it, did you enjoy teaching it?).
- Save your tip report and share it with your teacher based on how your teacher directs you.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Continue to Quest 4 Web Browsers
ISTE and Common Core Standards
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
CCSS.ELA.Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.