Your task is to work with a small group and create a Presentation defining "The World You Live In." Each group member will be responsible for creating two slides for the group presentation.
Elements: Elements are the parts and design features that can be added to a presentation.
Cooperate: To cooperate is to work or act with others willingly and agreeably.
I Can Statement
- collaborate online to create a presentation
Group work roles
Working and Creating a Presentation Together
- Your teacher will help you form a team for this project (three or four is a suggested number for this group). It is understood that you know how to cooperate with a group and that you will give your best effort to your team. Click here for group guidelines.
- Your task is to create a presentation defining "The World You Live In."
- Each group member will be responsible for creating two slides for the group presentation.
- Areas to include are school, city, state, region, country, continent, planet, galaxy, and additional areas as identified by your group and/or teacher.
- This will require research and reporting of accurate information, plus adding images and links for the slides you create, and collaboration.
- Your teacher may help your group determine which slides each individual is responsible for, or he/she may provide a random process to help your group decide.
- Before you begin, consider some of the design recommendations for creating a good presentation in the content block below. Although these apply to Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides has a similar "look and feel" and elements are added to Google Slides in the same or similar way. Good luck!
1. Get organized
One member of the group will volunteer to create a visual organizer like bubbl.us that might look something like the image shown below. It should identify who is responsible for creating the specific slides (school, city, state, region, country, continent, planet, and galaxy). The group will work together to decide which member will do the different parts (example below):
2. Creating the presentation through concensus
Another member of your group will volunteer to create the basic beginning presentation for the group and then share it with the others. The directions are provided in the next Quest, Q2 Basics.
3. Collaborating using Comments
Once everyone is using the same presentation document you will be able to chat with members on your team.
If using Google Slides, you will see a "COMMENTS" button.
If you are using Microsoft PowerPoint, you will see a New Comment button on the navigation bar under Insert.
Completing this Quest
When you have completed the Quest, review the I Can Statements. You have organized what your presentation is going to look like and who will do each slide. You are ready to go on to the next Quest and begin dividing up the work.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Ready for Quest 2 Basics
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c. Use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
a. Choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication
c. Communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
7. Global Communicator
b. With guidance from an educator, students use technology tools to work with friends and with people outside their neighborhood, city and beyond
c. Contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.7 Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.8 Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.9 Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.