During this Quest, you will create a Microsoft PowerPoint Online presentation with a group of peers in your classroom. You are going to choose a theme that everyone likes on your team.
Theme: A theme is a main idea of a literary work.
Peer: A peer is a person who is equal in abilities, qualifications, or age.
I Can Statement
- create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
- collaborate with my peers on a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
One person will be creating the initial presentation with the rest of the team members providing input on the design.
1. Create a new Microsoft PowerPoint Online presentation and CHOOSE A THEME that everyone on your team likes. Note - Remember to include everyone in the decision, come to consensus and proceed.
2. Notice on the left it shows that there is only one slide. You need to add eight more slides.
3. Go to the top. Click on SLIDE and then NEW SLIDE. Do this eight times. In the part that says Click to Add Title, use the following titles:
- Slide 1 = The World In Which We Live
- Slide 2 = My School
- Slide 3 = My City
- Slide 4 = My State
- Slide 5 = My Region (of the USA)
- Slide 6 = My Country
- Slide 7 = My Continent
- Slide 8 = My Planet
- Slide 9 = My Galaxy
4. Share the presentation so that all members of your team can now individually work on their slides. Go to SHARE in the right-hand corner of Microsoft PowerPoint online and click on Save to Cloud. Your teacher will give you instructions on where to save the presentation in the Cloud.
5. From this point on, YOU are responsible for your slides; however, you can easily view how others are doing their slides as soon as you access the shared slides.
6. Check with your teacher to see how they want you to submit or share the slides (post to your File Space or other option).
Completing this Quest
You are working on a project as a team, but you are still responsible for your slides. Make sure you uphold your part of the bargain! Review the I Can Statements before you move on to the next Quest.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Ready for Quest QM2 Insert
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c. use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
c. communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
7. Global Communicator
b. with guidance from an educator, students use technology tools to work with friends and with people outside their neighborhood, city and beyond
c. contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.7 Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.8 Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.9 Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.