In this Quest, you will learn how to Group, Ungroup and Rotate an object! This is done individually to your own slide. You may need to take turns completing this assignment.
Object: An object in your presentation could be an image, icon, a photo or text
Group: When holding down your control (or shift on the Mac) key and clicking on more than one object you are able to group several objects together. After you are done the objects are grouped and will move together.
I Can Statements
- collaborate online to create a presentation
- understand the features and attributes of effective presentations
- create a multimedia presentation using a variety of tools
Use the specified Menus for these steps and watch the video
1. Select an image on your slide.
2. Choose the circle above the item to Rotate and experiment, move it clockwise and counter-clockwise.
3. Make sure you have two objects on the slide to be able to group and ungroup them. Select one, then hold down the shift key to select multiple objects. Go to Arrange and click Group. You can now move them on the slide at the same time. If you want to Ungroup, click on the object, go to Arrange, Ungroup.
4. If you have two objects on top of each other (e.g., textbox or image), select one of the objects and then use the Arrange menu to change the order.
5. When you have completed the steps, continue to the final Quest to share your presentation.
Completing this Quest
When you have completed the Quest, review the I Can Statements. You learned how to group, ungroup and rotate an object. These are all great skills! Review the I Can Statements before moving on to the next Quest. Check with your teacher when you are done.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Ready for Quest QM6 Share
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c. Use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
c. Communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
7. Global Communicator
b. With guidance from an educator, students use technology tools to work with friends and with people outside their neighborhood, city and beyond
c. Contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal