Gold: What is the message?
Your assignment is to figure out when a video is the best media to use. In this Quest, you will explore the advantages and disadvantages of using different media to get your message across.
Media: the tool or software used to communicate to get your message across
Speech: a formal address or discourse delivered to an audience
1. Watch and listen to the video above and open the speech document.
2. Now that you have read the text, and watched the video, create some media (your choice) which answers the following questions (check with your teacher on the format to use).
- What is the message?
- Identify two advantages and two disadvantages for these two different media (written text versus video). Which did you prefer and why?
- What types of things can you observe from the video you watched which are not available by reading the text?
4. Check with your teacher to see how you will submit your work for this Quest.
Completing this Quest
When you have finished watching the video and completed the assignment, you are ready for the next Quest. Save it to your File Space and share it with your teacher.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed the Gold Quest as assigned by my teacher.
Go to the main Digital Storytelling page
ISTE and Common Core Standards
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
6. Creative Communicator
a. choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.5 Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.7 Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.6.7, 7.7, 8.7 Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of the text