Q3 Multimedia with Audio Recording
Multimedia PSA with Audio
1. The Vocaroo.com application is an easy to use and FREE program to record your voice and create mp3 sound files. It works with the Windows PC, Macintosh Chrome Browser, Chromebook, but not the iPad (iPad users can try Tellagami, GarageBand, or ChatterPix Kids apps. Watch the video above.
Warning: Your audio files are only saved a few months on Vocaroo's website. You should download your file(s).
Write your script out first
Do several practice recordings
Complete it and save the link or download it as an mp3 file.
Check your audio recording: How did you do?
Complete Your Multimedia PSA
3. Complete your multimedia PSA and have a couple of friends check this chart after they listen to your recording. Find out what you can improve on. You may want to record it again before you turn it in.
4. Discuss the feedback in your group and make any modifications or improvements as needed.
5. Collaborate with your partner or group and prepare a two-three paragraph reflection on:
- something you each learned from this activity
- three tips you would give to another group beginning to work on this project
- how can you use this type of application in the future or for other classes
6. Check with your teacher on how to turn in your project and reflection
Note: You can upload an mp3 to your Google Drive, or post it to your own web page. You can post the web link (URL) directly to a blog such as Edublogs or Blogger, or upload to Google drive (by adding an app).
Directions on how to add the Google Music Player to your Drive, upload your audio file, play it, and then share it.
Playing Audio Files in Google Drive.pdf
Completing this Quest
You have completed and turned in your multimedia PSA assignment.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Congratulations! Go to the graduation page for this Thing.
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
4. Innovative Designer
a. Know and use a deliberate design process for generating ideas, testing theories, creating innovative artifacts or solving authentic problems
Common Core Anchor Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.5 Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.SL.6 Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and communicative tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.