Q4 Web Presence
You are now going to create your own web presence. Before you receive your badge, you must begin developing a more professional web presence. Choose from the options provided: Weebly, Wikispaces, or another site that your teacher would like you to use.
Web presence: Once you have posted on the web, you now have an internet presence. This cannot be deleted as there will always be a digital trace which can be found by various searching techniques.
Resume: A resume is a summary of educational or work experience
I Can Statement
- create an appropriate online presence
- use a design process to decide what to put on my website
1. Start by using a design process developed by NASA shown below before you put anything online.
a. The problem is to design an appropriate website that is an introduction page about yourself. This should include information about you, and could include your future goals, career objective, education, interests, and skills. Think of this as a mini-online resume.
b. Brainstorm your own ideas (on paper or computing device). Then share your brainstorm with a partner to get their suggestions.
c. Create a draft of your ideal web site, writing out what you want to say, what web sites you want to link to, images you want to include (be sure to follow copyright rules).
d. Test and evaluate your design by showing it to a small group of classmates where you each explain your own designs and content. Take turns and ask questions and offer suggestions to help your classmate improve their design.
e. Optimize your design by making the changes suggested to improve it.
f. Share or post your final design with your teacher.
1. Check with your teacher to see if there is a preferred tool (e.g. Weebly, Wikispaces, etc.) for creating a web presence for your class.
2. With this portfolio you will begin to develop a web presence that has a professional purpose: demonstrating your tech-savvy skills and knowledge to others. Choose one of the following websites to create your web presence:
Weebly - The easiest way to create a website
Wikispaces - A site on the Web where you can share work and ideas, pictures and links, videos and media
3. Now that you have chosen a website resource to create your web presence on, go to the site and create an account (use the tutorials below as needed)
HOT TIP: Avoid sharing your last name; your user name should never include your first and last name. A better choice is your first name followed by your last initial.
4. Use your final design completed in Step 1 and put it on the web page. Do not publish it until your teacher has checked it over with you.
Completing this Quest
You are well on your way to having a web presence. Make sure your web presence website is saved in your social bookmarking account and share your account information with your teacher. Your teacher may have special instructions for submitting your web presence; confirm receipt of your website with your teacher before returning for your badge.
Check with your teacher about which option you should follow.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed this assignment. I am ready for Blogs the last Quest in Digital Footprint
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. articulate and set personal learning goals, developing strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
2. Digital Citizen
d. manage their personal data to maintain digital prviacy and security
6. Creative Communicator
b. Create original works or responsibly repurpose digital resources into new creations
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details and well-structured event sequences.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.