QM3 Microsoft Word and Graphics
In Quests One and Two you learned how to use formatting tools in a document, how to upload and download a file and save it as a .pdf document.
In this Quest you will learn how to insert a picture and make a hyperlink to a separate document. You will also practice the art of obeying copyright rules by citing a source (giving credit to the owner of the work).
Step-by-step directions for this Quest (Google Doc)
Citation: This is information needed to give credit to, or locate, work(s) published or created (a book, paper, article, web site, artwork, composition, music file) by others.
Hyperlink: An element in a digital document that links to another place in the same document or to an entirely different document or website. It is typically activated by clicking on a highlighted or underlined word or image on the screen.
I Can Statements
- add graphics to my documents
- add hyperlinks to my documents
- Open the document you uploaded in Quest Two titled 4QM2RobertFrostBio.docx
- View the demonstration video to learn how to create a hyperlink to the document
2. Test your hyperlink. Does it work? If no, begin troubleshooting:
- Is the text you tried to hyperlink underlined?
- What does your cursor look like when you hover over the text?
- Did you link your text to somewhere else?
Completing this Quest
Congratulations on learning to insert and format a picture, add a citation, and make a hyperlink to a separate document.
Check off this Quest on your 21t4s roadmap
Websites and Applications
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
a. choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication
b. create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into their new creations
d. publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences