Q8 Nobody Likes a Bully
While you are messaging with your friend, another friend sends you a message and asks a question that makes you uncomfortable. What should you do? How would you handle that?
In this Quest you will learn the importance of being a responsible digital citizen.
Digital citizen: A digital citizen is one who uses the internet regularly and effectively.
Podcast: A podcast is a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player.
Screencast: A screencast is a digital recording of computer screen output, also known as a video screen capture.
I Can Statements
- be safe on the Internet
- be a good digital citizen
- create an online poster about Internet Safety
1. Review what you have learned about Cyber Safety.
- Review Stage 1 - Tips to Help Stop Cyberbullying
- Review Stage 2 - Stand Up to Cyberbullying
- Review the video from Quest 1 -Online Safety Tips
- Review the Ten Rules of Netiquette
2. Select one of the following topics covered in Cyber Safety and create a project that shows other students:
- The themes of Cyber Safety
- How to stop or prevent Cyberbullying
3. Your project should demonstrate your knowledge. Use Web 2.0 tools of your choice to create a photo story, podcast, screencast, tip sheet or online poster to share with others.
4. Remember to include a page in your portfolio, blog, Weebly or web page (check with your teacher) that demonstrates your knowledge about Cyber Safety and add a section about Cyberbullying and Netiquette. Make it creative and unique, however remember to include:
5. Explain the following terms and discuss why they are important to remember when using the Internet:
6. Save the following websites to your Diigo Account:
Completing this Quest
Save your project to your File Space, submit your file and your page to your online presence to your teacher.
Bonus Optional: Create multiple posters, one for each category.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Proceed to the next Quest – Webonauts Academy
ISTE and Common Core Standards
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices
c. Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.