Q1 Get Inspired
Direct link to video
Thomas Suarez: A 12-year-old App Developer.
When you create, what inspires you? Where do you get your ideas? How does it make you feel? These questions have different answers for everyone. No one is inspired in the same way, by the same experiences or emotions.
1. Watch the movie clip at the top about a young inventor named Thomas Suarez. While viewing the video clip, think about what inspired Thomas.
2. Choose two innovators from the list below and click on their link to learn more about them. As you read and/or listen to the articles, keep in mind the questions below.
3. Open up a word processor or your blog and answer the questions below:
- Who did you research?
- What did they invent/create/design?
- Why do you think their creation is relevant to the topic of “game design”?
- If you were to create something technology related, what would it be?
- Describe it.
Completing this Quest
Save this paragraph as Inspiration Writing Reflection in your File Space.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed this Quest and I am ready to learn about Quest 2
ISTE and Common Core Standards
5. Computational Thinker
b. collect data or identify relevant data sets
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.9 Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research