Q2 Gathering Evidence
Your Quest is to watch the movie and learn what others are saying about online learning. Follow the steps below to complete the Quest.
Self-motivation: Self-motivation is taking the initiative to undertake or continue a task or activity without another's prodding or supervision.
Online Learner: An online learner is a person who is gaining knowledge or a skill using the Internet.
I Can Statements
- list the characteristics of a successful online learner
- define various online learning environments
1. Watch this Colorado movie -
(Click the arrows for full screen viewing)
Pay attention to the pros and cons of online classes.
2. Let’s see what current online learners are saying about their experiences.
What are the benefits?
What things were difficult for the students?
See what they have to say about their online learning experiences.
3. As you watched the student videos, you heard self-motivation a lot. What other characteristics do successful online learners share? Open the 6 characteristics .pdf file.
4. Now it’s time to make your decision. Is the online class the right choice for you? Your task is to create an online graphic organizer of the pros and cons of online classes (like you did in Thing Two Visual Learning using Popplet, Bubbl.us, Creately or Gliffy.
Completing this Quest
Save your file in your File Space and/or take a screenshot of your work and confirm with your teacher that you are ready for the final step to the hands-on-line Thing.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I am ready for the next Quest, Quest Reflection
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. Articulate and set personal learning goals when appropriate and to make choices on how to meet them, develop strategies using technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process.
d. Understand the fundamental concepts (basics) of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
3. Knowledge Constructor
d. Build knowledge by actively exploring real-world issues and problems, developing ideas and theories and pursuing answers and solutions