Q4 Skills Check
This is your final quest for completion of your Hands-on-line badge. You will self-assess your technology skills by participating in a skills checklist survey.
Online Learning: Online learning is education in which instruction and content are delivered primarily over the internet.
Self-Assess: Self-assess is an evaluation of one's own abilities and failings.
I Can Statements
- reflect on the technology skills that are required for online learning
- reflect on the strengths I have as an online learner
- reflect on the weaknesses I need to work on
1. Review and take the technology skills survey from Basics Quest 1 for your grade level based on the five domains (Basics, WP/Writing, Multimedia, Research & Internet, Spreadsheets)
2. Open up the survey again for your grade level. This time you are not going to take it, but reflect on the technology skills that you are required to have for online learning. Answer the questions below in the format directed by your teacher:
- three technology strengths that you have identified
- three technology skills you have, but need to work on
Completing this Quest
Confirm with your teacher that this Quest is complete.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Go to the graduation page for this Thing.
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. articulate and set personal learning goals when appropriate and to make choices on how to meet them, develop strategies using technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process.
d. understand the fundamental concepts (basics) of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
3. Knowledge Constructor
d. build knowledge by actively exploring real-world issues and problems, developing ideas and theories and pursuing answers and solutions
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.5 Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.6 Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.