Q1 Self Assessment
Are you ready for online learning? During this Quest, you will take a quiz to find out whether or not you are ready. Good luck!
Learning style: is an individual's unique approach to learning based on strengths, weaknesses, and preferences
Learner: a person who is gaining knowledge or a skill
1. Start by watching this video about online learning from Michigan Virtual High School.
2. The next step is to learn more about your own learning style. Complete the short 20 question survey. At the end it will give you information about the type of learner you are, and give some suggestions. Save the results (print out, or copy and paste into a word processing document). Compare your results with some of your friends and/or classmates.
Questions to explore:
Do you tend to like or study more with others who are the same type of learner as you are?
Will the type of learner you are make a difference to success as an online learner?
3. Choose two of the following self-assessment quizzes to see if online learning matches your learning style and life habits.
4. The last step is to take a position and support it with your results and thoughts. Be creative and create a chart, a presentation, write a short essay, or share your position in a class discussion. Be sure to support your position with either of the following:
- I am likely to be a good online learner.
- Online learning might not be the best for me.
Completing this Quest
Be sure to save your reflection and your survey screen results to your File Space. Check off your task and continue onto Quest 2.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s Roadmap
I am ready for the next Quest Gathering Evidence!
Use this site to look up anything from the President of Argentina to solving algebraic equations. In what phase was the moon on May 28, 1977? What does a fasting glucose of 125 mean? Find all the answers here!
This websites boasts that you can learn almost anything for free. There are videos on almost every topic, including math, science, finance, and humanities. Also, check out the practice activities. With an account, you can keep track of your learning and share it with others. The more you learn, the more badges you can earn.
ISTE and Common Core Standards
2. Digital Citizen
b. Engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices