Q9 Arranging Objects
In this Quest you will learn how to GROUP, UNGROUP and ROTATE an object! This is done individually to your own slide. You may need to take turns completing this assignment.
Object: An object in your PowerPoint could be an image, icon, a photo, or text
Group: When holding down your control (or shift on the Mac) key and clicking on more than one object you are able to group several objects together. After you have done the objects are grouped and will move together.
Use the Arrange Menu for these steps
1. Select an image on your slide by clicking on it.
2. Document what changes you are making in the Notes section below the slide, select an object, flip it, highlight two objects and group them, move them on the slide, ungroup them, and then change the order (make one in front move to the back).
3. Watch this short demo video
4. Select an object and Go to the ARRANGE menu and scroll down to ROTATE then FLIP HORIZONTALLY. Your image should now appear backwards.
Make a note in the Notes Section below your slide telling what object you flipped.
5. Highlight two different objects (shape, photos, images, text box); both objects need to be selected. Go to ARRANGE and select GROUP. This allows you to move the group of objects together instead of one at a time. (Hint: If you hold down on the CTRL key on the PC or Shift on the Mac you can click and select multiple objects). Try moving the entire group.
Make a note in the Notes Section below your slide telling what objects you grouped.
6. To undo the group, click on the group to select it, then go to ARRANGE and select UNGROUP
7. Move one object on top of another and go to Arrange and select Order. If it is in front of the other object then choose Send backward, or if it is behind, choose Bring to front.
Make a note in the Notes Section below your slide telling what object you moved forward or backward.
8. When done continue to the final Quest to share your presentation.
Completing this Quest
You learned how to group, ungroup and rotate an object. Make sure you put notes of what you did in the Slide notes section on your slide. These are all great skills! Check with your teacher when you are done.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c. use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
c. communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
7. Global Communicator
b. with guidance from an educator, students use technology tools to work with friends and with people outside their neighborhood, city and beyond
c. contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal