Q3 Creating your Prezi
Direct link to this SchoolTube video
Now it is time to try out Prezi! You will create a presentation to share with your teacher, friends and family. Have fun and be creative!
I Can Statements
- understand the features and attributes of effective presentations
- create a multimedia presentation using a variety of tools
Create a Prezi sharing 10 or more things about yourself. It could be about your family, pets, friends, likes, dislikes, hobbies, achievements, etc. Be creative! Include pictures, words, and possibly videos to share information about yourself with the class.
2. Go to the Prezi website and log in.
3. Choose to make a new presentation.
4. Create a presentation sharing 10 or more things about you.
Do NOT put your last name on your Prezi. Just use your first name.
Each point of your Prezi needs words and a picture.
Feel free to include videos! This will make your Prezi extra special.
Remember, we’ll be showing these as a class, so don’t put anything you don’t want to share in your Prezi.
5. When your Prezi is completed, save or embed your Prezi in your File Space. (Check with your teacher).
Need help saving a Prezi – look at example here…
Need help embedding a Prezi – look at example here...
Completing this Quest
When you have created and saved your Prezi or embedded it to your File Space, let your teacher know. You are now ready to try out Google Presentations.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I am ready to go on to Google Presentations
1. Slideshare - A great slide sharing site where you can upload presentations and share them, along with documents and videos.
2. Kizoa - Create beautiful shows, with music, effects and transitions.
3. Muvee - A site for creating private slide shows where you can collaborate and leave comments.
4. PhotoPeach - Easy to use slide show creation tool. You can add music, photos, and insert quiz questions throughout the show.
5. Animoto - Very popular with students and lets you create animated shows
6. Glogster - Has an ad-Free site for educators and their classrooms. It provides a multi-sensory environment for learners to interact and showcase their learning.
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them, and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes
c. use technology to seek feedback that informs and improves their practice and to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways
d. understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
6. Creative Communicator
c. communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models or simulations
d. publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for a variety of audiences
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.5 Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.7 Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.