Keep these up your sleeve like a magician and bring them out when you want to show off to others. You can help by sharing these tips with friends and family once you learn them. Scroll below for shortcuts and tips for the Mac, PC, Windows 10, and Chromebook.
I Can Statement
- do shortcuts on my computing device
- teach three shortcuts to others
Shortcuts: Shortcuts are keystrokes that command your computer and are a quicker way to move through tasks
Individuals: Individuals are each distinctive person in your class
Note: Expand the applicable content boxes below using the + symbol on the menu line.
- Complete the steps for the content block appropriate to your computing device.
iPad Shortcuts and Tips
PC and Mac Shortcuts
1. Open a word processing document (Word or Google Doc).
2. Watch the video below and pause it while you try at least five of the shortcuts.
Windows Surface & Pro Shortcuts
Windows 10 Shortcuts
Windows 10 Shortcuts
1. Review the Windows 10 Snap Shortcuts
2. Review this list of Windows 10 shortcuts and try five of them.
3. Complete the Quest using the directions at the bottom.
Completing this Quest
5. Teach at least three shortcuts to two other individuals (a relative, classmate, friend, etc.).
6. Write up a short tip report.
- Include the names of the individuals you taught them to and which shortcuts you taught them,
- Explain any observations you made of your teaching session. Was this a new shortcut for them? Did they like learning it? Did you enjoy teaching it?
Check with your teacher for further directions about saving and sharing your work.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Continue to Quest 4 Web Browsers
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students
d. Understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies, are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
d. same as above
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
CCSS.ELA.Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.