Q6. Reflect & Share
Reflecting upon your learning and the design thinking process is an important step in any design thinking process. You can think of learning as a way to improve your creativity and innovation skills. Lastly, the ability to communicate your problem and sell your solution is an important skill in any profession. In this Quest, you’ll be creating a pitch to help you share your ideas.
Reflection: A reflection is giving serious thought or consideration to the topic and/or idea.
Sales Pitch: A sales pitch is a promotion by means of an argument and demonstration.
I Can Statements
- reflect upon my learning and the impact of using a design thinking process
- create a sales pitch presentation to generate interest in your problem and support for your solution
Steps for Reflect & Share
Record all of your progress in your Design Thinking Workbook
- Record your thoughts on the following questions in your Design Thinking Workbook.
- How does your final prototype solve your initial problem?
- What are the most important features of your design? What makes your solution unique?
- How might the people affected by your problem feel about your solution?
- If you could start again at the beginning, what would you do differently?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a design thinking process?
2. The Pitch
- Use the skills from Thing 11: Powerful Presentations and create a presentation that will encourage others to get involved with your solution. Select and use the best tool to share your problem and solution. Your presentation should include:
- Create a name for your solution.
- Introduce yourself and your team.
- Answer the following questions:
- What is the problem you’re trying to solve? (Refer to Define in Quest 2)
- Why is it important for the problem to be solved? (Refer to Empathize in Quest 2)
- How does your design uniquely solve your problem?
- Show your final prototype and describe the important features of your design. (Refer to the second iteration in Quest 5)
- Encourage others to get involved.
- Can they help you build more prototypes? Test and provide feedback to help you improve? Fund your efforts? Share your idea with other people?
- Thank your audience and leave a way to contact you about your solution.
Completing this Quest
After you’ve completed answered the reflection questions in your Design Thinking Workbook and pitched your solution, you have completed this thing!
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I have completed the Quests as assigned by my teacher.
Go to the graduation page for this Thing.
ISTE and Common Core Standards
1. Empowered Learner
a. articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes.
6. Creative Communicator
a. choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication.
c. communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models
d. publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences.