It's time to begin to guide your future by learning about your interests, skills, and talents. You will learn a lot about your personality by completing the activities in this Quest. Check with your teacher about alternate tasks to complete this Quest.
Personality: Personality is the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.
Perception: Perception is the way you think about or understand someone or something.
I Can Statement
- identify my personality type
- describe my personality type
- create a personality map using digital tools
1. Who Am I?
Download the "WhoAm I" document to record your progress in this Quest. Note: Consider the file format -- You will be pasting screenshots, text, and more into this document) WhoAmI.doc
Complete Step One in the WhoAmI.doc
2. Holland's Code Quiz
Discover how your personality should shape your Career choice by watching the video Holland Codes.
3. Complete Step Two in the WhoAmI.doc
4. Capture Words that Describe You!
Dig deeper into your "*highest" personality type and potential careers.
5. Complete Step Three in the WhoAmI.doc
- Visit the Personality Typology and copy/paste keywords and sentences that reflect your personality
- Visit the Job Environments/Work Personality section and key/copy/paste your likes, majors, careers, and potential activities from the Occupational Outlook Handbook links.
- Visit the Environmental Typology to key/copy/paste words to describe the workplace for your personality type.
6. Complete Step Four in the WhoAmI.doc using online tools to create a graphic illustration of what you learned in this activity. Tools we suggest: Popplet, Wordle, Tagzedo, ABCya, Worditout, VocabGrabber, or WordSift.
- Create a graphic illustration of what you have learned from this activity.
- Insert screenshot into your WhoAmI document
7. Post your WhoAmI.doc to your online presence and save this information for your next Quest.
8. Check with your teacher to see how you will submit your work for this Quest.
Completing this Quest
When you have finished the WhoAmI activities and posted to your online presence, you are ready for the next Quest.
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
Go to Quest 3 - Career Matches
Websites and Applications
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
c. Curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods to create collections or artifacts that demonstrate meaningful connections or conclusions
d. Build knowledge by actively exploring real-world issues and problems, developing ideas and theories and pursuing answers and solutions
6. Creative Communicator
c. Students communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively by creating or using a variety of digital objects such as visualizations, models
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.R.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.R.7 Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.1
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.6 Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.8 Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.