Q3 Craft Your Story
YouTube video from Basetwo Media
Your task is to write your script, get feedback and suggestions, revise it as needed, and be ready for the process of adding the media elements in the next Quest.
Storyboard: A storyboard is a series of slides, cards, or notes that represent scenes or shots in your story.
Blueprint: A blueprint is a design plan or other technical drawing.
I Can Statements
- create an original story
- understand how to use a storyboard to build and organize story elements
- provide and accept constructive feedback
- use feedback to improve my work
1. Watch The 7 Keys of Storytelling: Capture Attention from YouTube.
2. Take 3 minutes to think how you will capture attention.
- Who is your intended audience?
- Where will you tell your story?
- What tone will help you connect with your audience?
Write your script: steps 3-6
Effective stories have a structure so information builds in a logical way. The kind of information you want to communicate will determine which structure you use.
3. Explore the story structures listed below.
4. Choose a logical structure for your story. Use the linked documents in the table to begin planning your story when you have chosen one.
6. Write your script at the bottom of your Story and Script Planning Document where indicated.
(4 story structures.pdf)
Use this Narrative Planning and Script Google document that includes additional details.
Use this Problem/Solution Planning and Script Google document that includes additional details.
Use this Cause/Effect Planning and Script Google document that contains additional details.
Use this What/Why/How Planning and Script Google document that includes additional details
Storyboard: steps 7 - 10
Your storyboard is the blueprint to your story--a visual representation of your script.
7. Review this example of a Problem/Solution Google Slides Storyboard
8. Open and save a copy of the Storyboard Template for the story structure you chose in step 2 above into your media folder.
Narrative Storyboard Template (Google slides or Microsoft PowerPoint)
What/Why/How (Google slides or Microsoft PowerPoint)
Problem/Solution (Google slides or Microsoft PowerPoint)
Cause/Effect (Google slides or Microsoft PowerPoint)
9. Complete the steps in the Storyboard Template.
10. Share your Template with your teacher for feedback.
Completing this Quest
In order to successfully complete this Quest you will have:
- Selected a story structure
- Created a storyboard
- Shared with a partner for constructive feedback
- Shared it with your teacher
Check off this Quest on the 21t4s roadmap
I am ready for Quest 4 Gather Media
Websites and Applications
Competencies & Standards
MITECS Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students, and
3. Knowledge Constructor
a. Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
4. Innovative Designer
a. Know and use a deliberate design process for generating ideas, testing theories, creating innovative artifacts or solving authentic problems
6. Creative Communicator
a. Choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication
b. Create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations
d. Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.5 Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.CCRA.W.7 Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.